Friday, January 29, 2010

Lemon Meringue Pie

Thank you, Lindsey, for starting this for me. I am so new at the blogging thing that I am not sure that I could have done it without you. The blog looks great. Here's my first recipe.

Lemon Meringue Pie

Filling -
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup warm water
1 grated lemon-rind
1/3 cup lemon juice (fresh)
3 large egg yolks
1 Tablespoon butter

Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Slowly stir in everything else. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring continually, until smooth and thick. Let cool for 15 minutes and then put in pre-cooked 9 inch pie shell. Top with Meringue (3 large egg whites beaten until stiff with 1/4 cup sugar) Bake 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! I'm excited to be a part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, once again my lemon meringue pie is almost the same as Jeri's: the only difference is that I use 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of lemon juice. Otherwise, it's exactly the same. If you like a very tart lemon meringue use more lemon juice:)

    ReplyDelete