Thursday, February 4, 2010

Four Layer Dessert

One: 1 ½ cup flour

1 ½ stick butter

¾ cup pecans (optional)

1 Tbsp sugar

Mix and press on bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350° for 15 min. Glass pan may take 5 more minutes. Let cool.

Two: 8 oz. cream cheese

1 ½ cup powdered sugar

1 cup cool whip

Beat together and pour on top of cooled crust.

Three: 2 sm. pkg. instant pudding (chocolate

or lemon)

3 cups cold milk

Beat together and spread over cream cheese layer.

Four: Spread remainder of cool whip on top.


This recipe comes together very quickly! It's so perfect for having guests over, or an event you need to bring something to. It may read to be very simple and maybe even ho-hum, but let me assure you, I've NEVER met anyone who didn't freak out after tasting it. I like that I can use sugar-free pudding mix and help cut some carbs. It's a huge favorite at our house! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've had that dessert at so many church functions and have never asked for the recipe. I love that you have it and are sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete