Monday, February 22, 2010

Potato Soup

Evvvvveryone loves a good creamy potato soup, but I found a neat little trick to take most of the hard work out of it! Frozen potatoes!!! (You'll never peel and chop again.) And I might be a tad biased, but this recipe tastes a lot better than most others I've tried. Since I made it up, a lot of the measurements are up to you... but it's pretty hard to mess up. Just start out small and taste to decide how much of the spices you want. I also like that I can omit or add in different veggies to make it different. But here is the general list of stuff that works for me!

POTATO SOUP

3 cans cream of potato soup

1 bag frozen southern style hashbrowns (cubes)

Milk (to fill one empty soup can)

1 can corn - drained

1 cup fresh (or frozen) broccoli flowerets - I chop them up very small

Bacon bits

Garlic powder

Pepper

Diced yellow onion (or dehydrated onion flakes)

½ cup (or more) heavy cream

Shredded cheddar cheese


Bring soup and milk to a gentle boil, add potatoes and cook until soft, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, chop broccoli into tiny, tiny bits. Add that and the corn to your boiling mixture. Add bacon bits, onion, and other spices to your own liking. When potatoes are soft, add cream. Start with ½ cup, but you can add more as you wish. The more the richer and yummier! Serve with shredded cheese sprinkled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment