Saturday, February 6, 2010

Low Sugar Berry Cobbler

This is a great cobbler to make last minute and it is very low in sugar if you care about that sort of thing.

Ingredients:
3 cups (more or less) frozen triple berry mix or fresh blackberries
1/4 C margarine or butter, cut up into smaller pieces
1 Tblsp flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix above ingredients together in a bowl, place into shallow baking dish (2 inch high sides) of approx 8X10 inch size

Topping:
1/2 C Flour
3/4 C rolled oats (old fashioned, not instant)
1-2 Tblsp brown sugar
1 C chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 C margarine or butter
Combine dry ingredients and cut in butter to mix. Then smoosh together with fingers until crubbly and butter is fully incorporated.

Sprinkle topping over berries and bake at 3:50 for 30 minutes or until topping is light brown.

Serve with whipped topping or whipped cream.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds really good! I love that it's low sugar--I don't always care, but when I do, I'm glad to have something yummy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this cobbler and I loved the flavor of it. I also loved that it was low-sugar but didn't taste like it in the slightest.

    I would like to try fewer pecans and a little more butter in the topping. And I'll probably melt the butter too. I felt like the topping was a little too dry and didn't quite come together to make a solid layer.

    Overall, I like this recipe and I'll definitely use it again! :)

    ReplyDelete